Monday, April 21, 2008

Tagtastic

Not a day passed when he did not fulminate against Batista (That ox! That peasant!) or Castro (The goat-fucking comunista!) or CIA chief Allen Dulles (That effeminate!), who had failed to stop Batista's ill-advised Mother's Day Amnesty that freed Fidel and the other moncadistas to fight another day.
Needless to say, I've been tagged. Lately I haven't been keeping with my bloggerly duties. The rules...

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

The passage was taken from The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz. Great book, by the way. I highly recommend it. I still haven't written my review of it. So sue me.

I tag LLTK, JFB, Lacifer, Miz Verde, and Onion Town.

3 comments:

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

Never heard of the book, but this quote makes me think of Before Night Falls, a really cool movie about the life of Reinaldo Arenas, a gay Cuban poet. Really worth seeing...

Knight of Nothing said...

I should look into it!

Regarding Oscar Wao, the book revolves around an overweight, D&D-playing nerd who wants to become the Dominican J. R. R. Tolkien. It's hilarious, irreverent, and poignant. It is full of Dominican history and culture as well as the nuances of all kinds of relationships. A lively, engaging read.

mizverde said...

Done! Thankfully, it didn't give away the ending.