Saturday, September 22, 2007

Writer's Block?

All of the sudden, click! Nothing. I've sat down a few times this week with the intention of posting some new content here, but the words are just not pouring out of me like they usually do. Perhaps I have finally exhausted my store of reserve ideas built up over the last twenty years, and now I need some time to incubate new ones.

I should confess that I have spent a lot of intellectual capital at work this week. I cannot recommend that, really: it offers a poor return on investment for most people in corporate America. And if you are like me you need to protect those assets! Anyway, it is possible that these expenditures have interrupted the natural flow of thoughts into posts on this humble space.

Whatever the reason, I'm sitting here, thinking about what to write. Ideas welcome.

3 comments:

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

Wow, writing about having nothing to write about!

You're living up to your name, Knight of Nothing!

Don't worry, something will come. It sounds like you're tired!

BTW... I finally posted my essay about Dawkins.

Tedj said...

read Atlas Shrugged? I know she was attacking government regulation with her books, but really her theory more so applies to corporations stealing the creativity and energy of their workers

Knight of Nothing said...

Ya, Knight of Nothing writing about nothing - heh heh. I didn't want to go too far with that though :-)

I dunno DAV. Atlas Shrugged? Ayn Rand is the darling of libertarians and conservatives. I can't bring myself to crack it. Write up a full defense of her book at Evil Bobby, and I'll consider it! I'd love to hear more about what you have to say on her opus. Tell us why lefties should care.

Anyway, I'm actually reading quite a good book currently - Cry of the Kalahari. It's a true story about two hippie grad students who drop out and move to Botswana for seven years to study wildlife firsthand. Pretty engaging stuff, and appropo to my recent trip. I recommend it!