Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Well, Duh

"I'm no expert in engineering either, Tom, but I can tell you that bridges don't just collapse without a reason."
        - Minnesota Public Radio Announcer. <Click>

Seriously, check this out. I was leaving work right when it happened. My bus stop is near Minneapolis City Hall, about a mile from the scene. Right before my bus came, suddenly dozens of emergency vehicles went peeling out of downtown. I called my wife to ask what was going on, but it had happened so recently there was no news yet. When I got home fifteen minutes later, I saw the wreckage on tv. Unbelievable.

The bridge is a little more than a mile from my house. I drove my wife, daughter, and daughter's friend to the scene so they could snap a few pictures. They got a few good ones before getting booted. Every time I get into the car, I drive over this flippin bridge. No more, I guess. Scary.

I hope that their are few serious injuries and fewer deaths.

No comments: