Monday, January 8, 2007

Fack

I kind of suck at my new job. I work on this gimpy, complicated RAD tool that combines the worst of fat client and thin client technologies. I have a load of deliverables due this Friday, and I don't really know how to do much with this damn tool yet. Once upon a time I would have cried myself to sleep every night until I figured it out, but nowadays I'm much too crabby, sedated, and distracted to achieve that level of emotional involvement with my projects at work.

Anyway, I was really looking forward to getting on track at work this week, because one of the contractors who did the initial development on the system is in town. He had planned to spend the entire week with me. Instead, he has his own functional deliverables due Friday. So I'm not going to get nearly as much of his time as I had hoped. Oh well. I'll have to just dive in and see what I can do. At least I ain't chicken.

No comments: